Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Socks, finished



I finished the socks that I've been working on! And just in time, too, because it's 35 degrees outside! It's April 7th and it's barely above freezing. It's ridiculous, I tell you.

I'm pleased with the socks, even though the toes are different. I was running out of yarn towards the end of the second sock, and I had to join the leftover yarn from the first sock. The colorway varigation didn't match up. But they look cute anyway, and they are very cozy and warm.

This past weekend was my first weekend working at Keeneland. I'm waiting tables in the Lexington Kentucky room, on the 4th floor. It's nice, and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm working with a great group of people, most of whom have worked there before. The money is good, and it's pretty easy work. No food service, since it's all buffet on the fourth floor. I just schlep drinks and bread pudding, and clear plates. It was tough though, since I haven't been working, and my feet HURT! It should get better as it goes along.

I'm enjoying two days off before going back to work on Wednesday. I've got to clean the house, do some laundry, and maybe get some knitting done.

1 comment:

  1. Great socks!

    And speaking of socks, here's what I did when I waited tables: I got shoe inserts that were made for marathon runners, and I also bought THICK merino hiking socks. My feet sweat (a bit of baking soda goes a long way), but wow, I could be on my feet all day and not feel it.

    ReplyDelete