Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More about Gatlinburg




Yummy souvenir yarn! I bought both of these at Smoky Mountain Spinnery in Gatlinburg, TN. The one on the left is Cascade Yarns Heritage Hand Painted sock yarn, and the on the right is Berocco Ultra Alpaca.
I've already picked out a lace sock pattern for the Heritage, but I haven't decided what to do with the alpaca. I've been petting it, and admiring its softness.
I'm resisting starting on the new socks until I finish the pair that I'm working on. I should be knitting right now, as opposed to goofing around on the internets. But I realized that I hadn't posted about the yarn that I brought home from my vacation.
The Smoky Mountain Spinnery is a charming little yarn shop, located right outside downtown Gatlinburg. It's in the back of a fishing supply store, and both are owned by a husband and wife team. They are both charming and hospitable, and very friendly and helpful. I recommend that if you ar going to Gatlinburg and you're looking for yarn or fishing lures, check them out! The Spinnery has a good selection of both yarn and spinning fiber, as well as supplies. To be honest, I didn't look through the fishing stuff, but Donnie liked it! At last, a store that we both want to shop at!
I got a friend request on Facebook today from a girl that I worked with YEARS ago. As a result, I joined a group on Facebook of people from Rock-A-Billy Cafe. It is awesome to look at pictures from back in the day, and share memories. I had forgotten how much fun it was to work there, and how many cool people I got to work with there.

No comments:

Post a Comment