Monday, March 30, 2009

I got a job!!!

Keeneland hired me for the spring meet! Yay! I'm going to be working for the next three weeks! I'm super excited about this. (As if you couldn't tell, what with the exclamation points and all) I'm going to be serving in the Lexington/Ketucky rooms, upstairs on the fourth floor of the clubhouse. Quite posh, I tell you. It's all fancy-pants and high roller and whatnot. But I'm still excited, because I've wanted to work at Keeneland for years, and have never been able to, so to have this opportunity is just awesome. Besides, I get to go to the racetrack every day for the next three weeks. That doesn't suck.
I think that it's time for me to buy a new car. And by new car, I mean newer than the one that I have. It died seven times on my way to babysit this morning. By the time I got here, I was a nervous wreck, almost in tears. It's enough to drive a girl to drink, I tell you. I just wish that it would hold out for another month, let me get some money in the bank, and then I could face spending a crapload of money on a car. Arggghhh!
I've been spending some time lately with the knitting. Almost done with the socks that I've been working on, got Donnie's IPod armband holder done, finally sewed on button eyes on the sock puppets that I made for Thomas, and got a new sock pattern for the yarn I bought on vacation. I got all this done because I couldn't get on the internets for the whole week. It sucked.
I'm going to eat some breakfast and knit some socks, because that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment