Monday, March 2, 2009

The Job Search Continues

I got rejected by Longhorn Steakhouse. It sucks more than I thought it would. I have sent resumes to several other restaurants, but so far I haven't heard anything. I know that there are a lot of people out there looking for a job, and employers have lots of resumes and applications to sift through. Being unemployed is getting old, though. I'm tired of not having anything to do. There's only so much knitting that I can do in a day!
I worry that I'm not going to find anything. I know that I can always go back to serving and/or bartending, but I would rather find a job that has a future. I'm getting too old to worry about making enough in tips to cover the bills.
My biggest fear is that I'm not qualified enough to get a good job. I worry that my lack of a degree is going to hinder the job search. I worry that I'm not going to find anything that would make me want to go to work every day. I worry, I worry, I worry.
Still, it could be worse. I could not be receiving unemployment. I could be homeless. I could be alone. But I'm not. My dear sweet boyfriend has been very supportive during all this. Thank God for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment