Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring, where are you?

3 days ago, it was 70 degrees. Today, there is snow on the ground. Welcome to March in Kentucky! I guess knitting wool socks is all of sudden smart and well-planned.
Speaking of the socks, they are gorgeous! The colorway reminds me of the ocean, all blues and greens. I've been a busy little knitter lately. Last weekend I knocked out an armband IPod holder for Donnie, in a funky camoflage yarn. Now, I'm making another one in gray, to match his work uniform. Because he likes to match!
The lace scarf is still hanging out in the knitting bag. I think that I'll be ready to go back to it when I've finished the socks. Or at least one sock. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what projects I want to take with me on our Gatlinburg trip next weekend. I'm sooo excited! I've never been to Gatlinburg, and we've got a lovely cabin about 13 miles from downtown. There's a yarn shop that I want to go to, and a Coach outlet store in Seiverville! We're planning on going to the aquarium, Dixie Stampede, the Space Needle, and ride the ski lift up the mountain. I'm most looking forward to soaking in the hot tub, whilst looking out into the woods for bears.
Of course, my OCD is kicking in. I've made a list of what I need to pack for me, and another list for what Donnie needs to pack, plus another list for food and beverages that we need to bring. Plus a list of where we want to go and do, and ..... well, you get the idea. I hope that the weather is nice, and I get lots of pictures.
Off to fix lunch and see what I'm fixing for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment