Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And so it goes...

I'm still knitting the charming lace scarf. It's still charming, but I'm starting to feel a bit of boredom creep in. While I'm working on it, I can see some cute sock yarn, waiting for me in my knitting basket. I know that I should take it upstairs and put it with the rest of the stash, but it's pretty, and I like looking at it. There's also some soft gray alpaca that is begging to become a baby toy. Don't get me started on the green/yellow lace that I was working on before it bored me to tears. Even its simple 4 row repeat is looking attractive.
This is why I stopped knitting scarves for a while. Once you get past the charm and novelty of the pattern/yarn/colorway, there's still like 182 feet to knit. Okay, maybe not that much, but still. Scarves get kind of boring WAY before they get to any useful length. But still I plug away at it, because it is beautiful, and I do love the yarn and the pattern. Hopefully, it will get charming and exciting again.
Knitting does give me an excuse to watch TV. I figure that if I'm doing something productive, then it's okay to watch an all-day marathon of America's Next Top Model. Of course, some people think that it's not okay to watch ANTM all day. Some people, maybe a person who lives in this house, thinks that no one should watch ANTM, even for one hour. I won't mention names, but we all know who he is. Really, he would rather watch logging all day. How many trees do you have to watch fall to the ground to get that it's dangerous? And boring? It makes a garter stitch scarf in black look exciting.
Speaking of exciting, I saw my first Noro 2 row scarf live and in person the other day when I bought the lace weight for my WIP. The young lady who had knit it had used a chunky weight yarn, and it was even more lovely in person than in any picture that I had seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Now you know why I do three or four projects at a time. That way, when I get bored with one, I just pick up another.

    And logging shows?! Wow. That sounds about as exciting as watching someone fish. Yeesh!

    ReplyDelete