Saturday, May 9, 2009

Did you miss me?

The interwebs have been acting up at my house, and were consequently put in time out, which is why I haven't posted in a while.
Here's a brief recap of what's been going on: the spring meet at Keeneland wrapped up and we worked on Derby Day (quite busy and made good money), finished the lace scarf and got it blocked (will post pics as soon as I take some), cast on the sweater and am past the collar and yoke and working on the body (I love it and it's going pretty fast and relatively easy).
Yesterday my dad had a heart cath done. It was a scheduled, non-emergency procedure, and he made it through relatively unscathed. The cardiologist found one blockage (80%), inserted a stint, at which point it opened right up and had good blood flow. He spent the night at the hospital, came home this afternoon, and is feeling pretty good.
Unfortunately, my best friend's husband woke up this morning with chest pains, and is also having a heart cath done this very afternoon. We suspect that this whole incident is a ploy to to get out of Mother's Day obligations! Seriously, I am hoping and praying that he will make it through with flying colors.
Last night I went to Friends & Co. for a Rock-A-Billy Cafe employee reunion. It was fantastic, seeing everyone again. Most of those folks I haven't seen in 10-12 years. It was awesome catching up with everyone, seeing pictures of kids and meeting spouses. It was such a wonderful time and I can't wait to get together again with everyone.
As a result of seeing everyone last night, I have a job prospect. The guy I used to work for is now a branch manager for a bank, and he is looking to hire someone to help him run his branch. So, I will be sending him my resume and hopefully I will get an interview! Keep your fingers crossed!
I will post pictures of the finished projects and works-in-progress as soon as I take some. As long as the weather holds out, I might be able to get some nice shots outside.
I hope that y'all missed me as much as I missed you! (hee hee hee) I promise to post much more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment