Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's too hot to knit

Today reminds me of a country song that goes, in part, "It's too hot to fish, too hot to golf, and too too cold at home." It's almost too hot outside to knit, y'all! Especially since my air conditioning unit is doing this freeze-up, thaw out, leak water under the wall and soak through my carpet thing today. I've got it turned off for now, but I don't know how long that will last.

I'm cruising towards the home stretch on the February Lady sweater. Got the first sleeve done, the second is in progress, and the finish line is in sight. I can't wait to get it finished so that I can wear it! Of course, it's WAY too hot to wear a wool sweater anywhere, but wear it I will, just because I made it.

I do love this time of year, because gardens start producing their bounty, and there's nothing better than the first tomato of the season. I ate mine tonight, and it was delicious. I've also got banana peppers that are probably just a few days from being ready, and jalepeno peppers that should be ready in a week or so. Anyone know what to do with fresh banana peppers? All of my experience has been with pickled and/or processed banana peppers, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with them. Any suggestions would be quite welcome!

I also like this time of year because this is when county fairs start popping up. I love going to county fairs, with the cotton candy and truck pulls and corn dogs (and lots of other food on sticks) and other fun stuff. If you know of a fun county fair, let me know! I LOVE them lots and would love to go to a bunch this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment