Thursday, February 26, 2009

What I've knit for me



These are two scarves that I made for myself after Christmas. It was a stash-busting exercise, since I have a lot of yarn, and wanted to use some of it before I could justify buying more. They are both the same pattern, just different yarn combinations. I used the one row scarf pattern from the Yarn Harlot, but I used two worsted weight yarns, knit together using US size 11 needles.
I used this same adapted pattern for Christmas gifts this past year, so if it looks familiar, then you probably got one!
The blue one is a variegated acrylic, combined with a fuzzy acrylic. The pink/brown one is a variegated wool, with pink, rose and brown, combined with a solid brown wool. I like that while they are the same pattern, they have different textures due to the different yarns.
I am currentl working on a lace scarf. The pattern is from 101 Designer one-skein Wonders, edited by Judith Durant. It is the Oriel Lace Scarf, and I'm knitting in Koigu KPM, in a gorgeous gray/brown color. I think that when I'm done I will get more of this yarn to make fingerless gloves to match.
Today I will be blocking a bigger piece of lace. It's a shawl, knit from a worsted weight wool. I'm excited but also a little nervous, as this will be my first lace-blocking attempt. If it works out, there will be pictures up tomorrow. If there aren't any pictures, then we all know that it ended up looking like scrunched up wet noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment